Instructions and assistance are provided on request for all equipment.
Please wipe down all equipment and surfaces after use. Cleaning supplies are available at the Main Desk. Be careful of liquid cleaners around electrical equipment including computers and printers.
- 4 PCs with Windows 10, Office 2016, and USB flash drive ports. Sorry, no Macs.
- No login necessary for access to Microsoft Office and other installed software, printing, and online library resources including databases and journals, nor for the UVM and UVM Medical Center websites. To access other websites, you will need to log in:
- UVM students, faculty, and staff can log in with a NetID.
- Larner College of Medicine faculty, staff, or students can connect to their COMIS account.
- UVM Medical Center employees and library guests: please ask at the Main Desk for help logging in.
- Save your work to a USB flash drive.
- Microsoft Office
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
- Endnote (see Tutorials & Tips)
- Statistical software including JMP and IBM SPSS. SAS and Stata are available on some workstations. See signs or ask at the Main Desk for assistance locating the machines with SAS and Stata.
- Use headphones to listen to audio portion of Blackboard and COMET assignments.
- Check them out for use in Dana at the Main Desk.
Laptops: Accommodations for Personal Equipment
- Network jacks
- Requires a network card.
- An Ethernet cable may be checked out at the Main Desk for use in Dana.
- Wireless Internet access
- Requires a wireless network card.
- For UVM affiliates:
- Your wireless-capable device should detect a network called "UVM". Joining it will require a few minutes' setup, but you only need to do that once per device. After that, your laptop or handheld should automatically sign onto "UVM" when selected. See instructions at http://www.uvm.edu/ets/wireless/
- For all other users:
- Your wireless-capable device should detect a network called "UVM Guest". You will need to be able to receive an SMS text (not necessarily on the device you wish to connect). See connection instructions at https://kb.helpline.w3.uvm.edu/article/uvm-guest; most users will need to follow the "Other guests" or "Self-sponsored UVM Guest account" instructions.
Printing, Photocopying and Scanning
- CAT$cratch on UVM ID or Guest Copy Card purchased from our vending machine: 5¢ per side for black and white, 25¢ for color.
- Cash: 10¢ per side for black and white, 25¢ for color.
- Guest Copy cards may be purchased from a vending machine located adjacent to the photocopiers. Guest Copy Cards cost $1.00 with a CAT$cratch value of $1.00 already preloaded on each card. You may add to the balance of the card using this vending machine.
- The Pharos Print Center allows you to print from any device by simply uploading documents.
- Scan black and white or color documents to your email, free of charge.
- One flatbed scanner: Scan graphics, text, and images.
- CCTV Magnifier for impaired vision.