The Dana Medical Library serves the information needs of the faculty, staff and students at UVM's College of Medicine and College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and physicians and health care providers at the University of Vermont Medical Center. The Library's collections and resources are also available to University of Vermont students, faculty, and staff.
Because of COVID-related building access restrictions, Dana Medical Library is not currently open to anyone outside the College of Medicine, College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and UVM Medical Center. Some online services are available.
In order to ensure a welcoming, safe, and productive environment, the Dana Medical Library has adopted the following behavior expectations for those using the Library space, computers, and resources.
- Respect the need for quiet and respond in a positive manner to requests from the library staff or other patrons.
- Follow all signage directives in the library.
- Wear approved face coverings at all times.
- Stay 6 feet away from other individuals.
- Do not move furniture or sit on the floor. The library has arranged seating to accommodate physical distancing protocols.
- Set your cell phone to vibrate and take phone conversations outside the library.
- Refrain from viewing sensitive images outside the realm of health science education and research.
- Treat library material, equipment, furniture, and building with care.
- Do not eat in the library. Drinking is allowed, but be sure to replace your mask after drinking. Keep all beverages away from contact with library materials and computers.
- No children are allowed in the library.
- Wipe down surfaces and library computers after use. The Main Desk has cleaning supplies available.
- Service animals, only, are permitted.
- Patron behavior must conform to additional University of Vermont policies, such as Facilities and Ground Use, and Code of Students Conduct, which are available at: http://www.uvm.edu/policies/
When a library patron has violated these expectations, the library reserves the right to ask the patron to leave or to call campus security.