UVM Libraries Staff Directory
Library Assistant Professor
Research and Education Librarian
Reference & Education
Subject Librarian on these topics: Medical Student Education: Clerkship, Medicine: Primary Care Internal Medicine, Neurological Sciences: Neurology, Nursing (UVM), Psychiatry.
Gary Atwood joined the University of Vermont library faculty in the fall of 2012 and currently serves at the Health Sciences Education Librarian. Gary came to UVM from Springfield College in Massachusetts where he served as a Reference Librarian. Prior to that, he served as Assistant Librarian at Bangor Theological Seminary in Maine. In his current position, he oversees the library's education program and offers instruction in a wide variety of information and technology resources. His research interests include innovative uses of technology in teaching and the research habits of students.
- Master of Science in Library and Information Science (MSLIS), Simmons College, Boston, MA (2005)
- Master of Arts (MA) in American History, University of Maine, Orono, ME (1997)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Political Science, University of Maine, Orono, ME (1991)
- Association of College and Research Libraries, New England (ACRL-NE)
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Vermont Library Association (VLA)