Welcome back students! All information listed on this page, including links, has been updated to adhere to UVM protocols as of the date shown above. Please check back frequently for updates as this information will be revised as needed. If you have questions, please contact the Main Desk at (802) 656-2200.
For all COVID-19 information and instruction issued by UVM, please refer to the UVM Forward website.
Who we serve and how to enter the library
Dana Medical Library is now open to everyone, regardless of whether you have a CatCard or ID badge. While the Medical Education Complex remains card tap only for Medical and Health Science students, faculty and staff, the main entrance to the building through the vestibule opposite the library's main entrance, directly adjacent to Converse Hall (see campus map), is now open to all.
Health and Safety Requirements
- UVM has mandated that all individuals are required to wear masks indoors regardless of vaccination status.
- At this time, there is no social distancing mandate.
- UVM encourages everyone to get vaccinated.
- Covid-19 testing is available on campus by scheduling and appointment with the CoVerified app.
- Please follow all signage directives.
- Food and unmasking to eat are now allowed.
- Monday thru Thursday, 7:30 am – 11 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am – 8 pm
- Saturday, 9 am – 8 pm
- Sunday, 9 am – 11 pm
Labor Day Weekend
- Monday, September 6 (University Holiday) – 9am-5pm
- Wednesday, November 24 – 7:30 am - 5 pm
- Thursday, November 25 (University Holiday) – Closed
- Friday, November 26 (University Holiday) – Closed
- Saturday, November 27 – 9 am - 5 pm
- Sunday, November 28 – Regular hours resume (9 am - 11 pm)
Winter Holiday and Break
- Thursday, December 23 – 7:30 am - 5 pm
- Friday, December 24 – Sunday, January 2, 2022 – University Holidays and Winter Break Days – Closed
- Sunday, January 2 & 3 – 9 am - 5 pm
- Regular hours will resume Tuesday, January 4, 2022
After Hours Study Area
- Sunday - Thursday (nights) – 11 pm – 7:30 am (Mon-Fri mornings)
- Friday – 8 pm - 9 am (Sat)
- Saturday – 8 pm – 9 am (Sun)
- Sunday, September 5 – Monday, September 6 – 11 pm – 9 am
- Monday, September 6 – Tuesday, September 7 – 5 pm – 7:30 am
- Wednesday, November 24 – Saturday, November 27 – Close at 5 pm (Wed) and remain closed until 5 pm Saturday, November 27
- Saturday, November 27 – 5 pm - 9 am (Sun)
- Resume regular hours Sunday, November 28 at 11 pm
Winter Holiday Break
- Close at 5 pm Thursday, December 23 and remain closed until Sunday, January 2 at 5 pm
- Sunday, January 2 – Monday, January 3 – 5 pm - 9 am
- Monday, January 3 – Tuesday, January 4 – 5 pm - 7:30 am
- Regular hours resume Wednesday, January 5, 2022
Changes in the library
- Dana has remote learning areas! These are areas of the library where students can participate in online classes. Talking and class participation (headphones or earbuds required) are allowed within reason. For more information, contact the Main Desk at 656-2200 or visit the library to view a map of these designated areas.
- The small group study rooms, the classroom, and the conference room are now open once again! Book a small group study room here.
- After Hours Study is now open! See hours and exceptions above.
- Library staff clean reserve computer peripherals between uses according to UVM guidelines.
- Print Course Reserves are back! After being paused for more an a year, they are now available once again.
- All out-of-state travel restrictions have been lifted. For more information, go to the Vermont state travel page.
Electronic Resources and Services
For a complete list, visit Dana Services.
- Ask a Dana library or staff member for assistance online for services and support.
- Make an appointment with a Librarian. Librarians will meet with you via videoconferencing.
- Contact your Dana Librarian.
- Search PubMed or see our full list of research databases for research articles.
- Find a full text journal article.
- Learn how to Connect from Off Campus.
- Call (802) 656-2200 or email email@example.com with questions.