The UVM Libraries offer “Random Chats About Statistics,” a new workshop series, led by Statistical Design and Data Specialist Maria Sckolnick. Stop by these monthly sessions with your questions for open dialogue and assistance.
Fridays, 12 – 1 pm
Howe Library 001B, Ground Floor – Library Meeting Room (formerly the Media Projections Room)
- October 1, 2021 – Which software should I use for my research project?
- November 5, 2021 – Data cleaning, formatting, and management
- December 3, 2021 – Data visualization: graphs and tables
- January 28, 2022 – How many samples do I need? Power and the central limit theorem
- March 4, 2022 – P-values demystified
- April 1, 2022 – Bias: what is it and where does it come from?
- April 29, 2022 – Statistics vocabulary session; bring your questions on statistics terminology
You can learn more about the Libraries’ Statistical Software Support and Consulting Services, stop by walk-in sessions, or contact Maria at firstname.lastname@example.org