Dana Medical Library provides Curbside Service to UVM faculty, students, and staff, UVM Medical Center employees with a library barcode on their hospital badge, alumni, and guest borrowers, who cannot or do not want to enter a building during a pandemic.
During the library's open hours, eligible patrons may pick up library materials by appointment at the designated area in the vestibule of the Dana Medical Library's front entrance. Dana Medical Library staff will communicate with borrowers via email (or phone) to locate requested materials and coordinate pickup and drop-off times.
Curbside Pickup Requests (Books & DVDs only)
- Search CATQuest for the items you need.
- For each item, record the title, author, and call number.
- Email your request to Access Services – Circulation: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Include all of the information below in your email:
- Your name and UVM NetID (or library barcode # from your UVMMC badge)
- Your phone number.
- The title, author, and call number information for each book or DVD you are requesting.
- Once your materials have been located, you will receive an email informing you that your request is ready for pickup. Please respond to this email with your preferred pick up date and time. Items may be picked up any time that the library is open but will not be put out until a pickup is arranged.
- You will receive an email confirming your pickup appointment and providing directions to the curbside pickup location in the front entrance vestibule of Dana Medical Library.
- When coming to campus to retrieve your materials please follow the Vermont Department of Health's social distancing guidelines. Your requested items are placed in a paper bag to maintain your privacy.
- When you are finished with items, please return them to either one of Dana's book returns. One is located in the vestibule outside the main entrance of the library and is accessible to everyone, while the other requires CatCard access and is located down the corridor from our main entrance. Please email the library at email@example.com or call (802) 656-2200 if you have any questions. Dana materials may also be returned to the Howe library's outdoor book drop to the left of their main entrance.