An Unaffiliated User is anyone who is not a UVM student, faculty, or staff member, nor a University of Vermont Medical Center employee. All other members of the community are entitled to various levels of services and resources. In some cases, fees may apply. Options include Health Research Associate membership, Guest Borrowers, UVM Alumni, Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries (VCAL) Faculty and all others.
- How do I order an article from the Dana Medical Library?
- How do I borrow a book from the Dana Medical Library?
- Visiting the Library
- A Guide to Freely Available Web Resources to Support Clinical Care
How Do I Order/Request an Article from the Dana Medical Library?
I am a Health Research Associate (HRA) Member
Contact Alice Stokes for questions relating to Health Research Associate membership categories and fees, at 802 656-4386 or Alice.Stokes@uvm.edu
I am an individual needing Article Delivery Services
- Articles ordered via PubMed, set up a Loansome Doc account. Contact Alice Stokes for questions relating to Loansome Doc accounts or PubMed, at (802) 656-4386 or Alice.Stokes@uvm.edu
- Contact Alice Stokes to set up an Articles Only membership, at 802 656-4386 or Alice.Stokes@uvm.edu
I am not a UVM student, faculty or staff member, nor a University of Vermont Medical Center employee, nor am I a Health Research Associate(HRA)
- Set up the PubMed article delivery service known as Loansome Doc Information & Forms
- Order a single article at $35.00 per article fee (this includes a $10.00 administrative fee). Email the Dana Library Document Delivery department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Dana Library Document Delivery Department at 656-4382.
- You are also welcome to use library books, journals and other materials while visiting the Library. Visiting the Library
How do I Borrow a Book from the Dana Medical Library?
I am a Health Research Associate [HRA] Member:
I am a UVM Alumn:
- Alumni Borrowers' cards are available to all graduates of the University of Vermont. Cards may be obtained at the CATcard Office in Billings Library. The CATcard Offices charges $5 for processing the card.
- The Dana Medical Library is unable to borrow books through Interlibrary Loan for UVM Alumni. Please contact your local public library for Interlibrary Loan services.
I am a member of the Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries Faculty (VCAL Faculty):
- Faculty at Vermont Consortium of Academic Libraries (VCAL) member institutions are eligible to receive borrowing privileges at the University of Vermont Dana Medical Library (phone: 802-656-2200 or email: email@example.com with questions).
- The Dana Medical Library is unable to borrow books through Interlibrary Loan for VCAL Faculty. Please contact your own institution's library for Interlibrary Loan services.
I have no affiliation:
- The Library issues Guest Borrower Cards to members of the general public who complete an application form at the Main Desk, provide a personal ID, and pay the annual $40.00 fee. Vermont residents presenting a valid Guest Borrower card may then borrow materials in accordance with library borrowing policies.
- The Dana Medical Library is unable to extend borrowing privileges to students enrolled at other colleges even if they are Vermont residents.
- Members of the general community who do not have a Guest Borrower card from UVM may wish to contact their local public library for assistance with interlibrary loans.
For more information about services for unaffiliated persons, please contact Alice Stokes at 802 656-4386 or at Alice.Stokes@uvm.edu