The Dana Medical Library serves the information needs of the faculty, staff and students at UVM's College of Medicine and College of Nursing and Health Sciences, and physicians and health care providers at the University of Vermont Medical Center. The Library's collections and resources are also available to University of Vermont students, faculty, and staff.
Dana is currently open to all UVM students, faculty, and staff with active CATcards, as well as UVM Medical Center employees. For more information on library access, go to our Visiting the Library page.
As Covid-19 restrictions lift, Dana Medical Library is happy to adjust it's policies and expectations of library behavior:
- In accordance with Vermont’s face covering mandate, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals are required to wear face coverings. Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear face coverings.
- Please follow all signage directives when visiting the library.
- Food and unmasking are now allowed.
- Respect the need for quiet and respond in a positive manner to requests from the library staff or other patrons.
- Set your cell phone to vibrate and take phone conversations outside the library.
- Refrain from viewing sensitive images outside the realm of health science education and research.
- Treat library material, equipment, furniture, and building with care.
- Service animals, only, are permitted.
- Patron behavior must conform to additional University of Vermont policies, such as Facilities and Ground Use, and Code of Students Conduct.
When a library patron has violated these expectations, the library reserves the right to ask the patron to leave or to call campus security.