UVM Libraries Staff Directory
Library Associate Professor
Research and Education Librarian
Reference & Education
Subject Librarian on these topics: Biochemistry, Cellular, Molecular & Biomedical Sciences (CMBS), Communication Sciences and Disorders, Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Neurological Sciences: Neuroscience, Anatomy, and Physiology, Pathology, Rehabilitation & Movement Science: Exercise Therapy & Athletic Training, Medical Science Masters Degree Program, Biomedical and Health Sciences (BHSC).
Frances Delwiche joined the faculty at Dana Medical Library in 1999, coming to librarianship from a prior career in clinical laboratory science. Her research interests include resources and services for faculty, students, and researchers in the pre-clinical sciences and the health science professions.
- Master of Library & Information Science (MLIS), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- B.S. Medical Technology, University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh
Selected Scholarly & Creative Activity
- Delwiche FA. Review of Science for Science Librarians: The Challenge of the Zika Virus: An Emerging Arbovirus Disease. Science & Technology Libraries 2016;35(3):183-202. doi:10.1080/0194262X.2016.1192007
- Delwiche FA. Participation of an Academic Health Sciences Library in a University First-Year Summer Read Program. Medical Library Association annual meeting, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, May 15, 2016.
- Delwiche FA. Insights Gained from Analysis of Citations in Clinical Laboratory Science. Clinical Laboratory Science 2016 Winter;29(1):21-27.
- Delwiche FA. Mapping the Literature of Radiation Therapy. Journal of the Medical Library Association. 2013 Apr;101(2):120-7. doi:10.3163/1536-5050.101.2.007
- O'Malley D and Delwiche FA. Aligning Library Instruction with the needs of Basic Sciences Graduate Students: A Case Study. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2012 Oct;100(4):284-90. doi:10.3163/1536-5050.100.4.010
- Haines LL; Light J; O'Malley D; Delwiche FA. Information-seeking Behavior of Basic Science Researchers: Implications for Library Services. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2010 Jan;98(1):73-81.
- Delwiche FA. Searching MEDLINE Using PubMed. Clinical Laboratory Science 2008 Winter;21(1):35-41.
- Delwiche FA; Hall EF. Mapping the Literature of Athletic Training. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2007 Apr;95(2):195-201. doi:10.3163/1536-5050.95.2.195
- Delwiche FA; Bianchi NA. Transformation of a Print Reference Collection. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 2006 Summer;25(2):21-29.
- Delwiche FA. Mapping the Literature of Clinical Laboratory Science. Journal of the Medical Library Association, 2003 Jul;91(3):303-310.
- Delwiche FA. Introduction to Resources in Molecular Genetics. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 2001 Summer;20(2):33-50.
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- Member, Nursing & Allied Health Resources Section
- Member, History of the Health Sciences Section
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries
- Member, Bylaws Committee
- Vermont Library Association