UVM Libraries Staff Directory
Donna O'Malley is a Library Associate Professor in the Dana Medical Library where she coordinates digital projects and systems. Donna leads the UVM Libraries Institutional Repository group, coordinating the growth and development of ScholarWorks @ UVM. Donna participates in the College of Medicine Vertical Integrated Curriculum, introducing medical students to high-quality sources for clinical care and research. She is also involved in educating graduate students in the biomedical sciences, and residents and fellows at the University of Vermont Medical Center. Donna serves as a consultant and co-instructor in the Public Health graduate certificate and MPH programs. Donna's research interests center on scholarly communication, including software tools for accessing and organizing published scholarship, as well as methods for facilitating the publishing and sharing of research.
- Master of Library Science (MLS), University of California, Los Angeles
- BA in Biology, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, PA
Selected Scholarly & Creative Activity
- Delaney T, O’Malley D, Donovan K, Carney J. “Team-based Research Projects in an Online MPH Program.” Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health Annual Meeting. Arlington, VA. March 2020. [Accepted, postponed]
- O’Malley D, Herman SW, CichoskiKelly E, Fornari A, Blanchard RD, Rougas S, Saks NS, Kogan J, Ratmeyer S. Developing a Literature-Based Interview Script to Explore Mentorship Models in Medical Education Scholarship: A Collaboration Among Six Medical Institutions. Poster presented at the International Association of Medical Science Educators, Burlington, VT, June 2017.
- O'Malley D. Gaining Traction in Research Data Management Support: A Case Study. J eScience Librarianship. Dec 2014. 3(1): Article 9.
- O'Malley D; Delwiche FA. Aligning Library Instruction with the needs of Basic Sciences Graduate Students: A Case Study. J Med Libr Assoc. 2012 Oct; 100(4):284-90.
- Haines LL; Light J; O'Malley D; Delwiche FA. Information-seeking Behavior of Basic Science Researchers: Implications for Library Services. J Med Libr Assoc, 2010 Jan; 98(1):73-81.
- O'Malley DL. A Survey of Scholarly Literature Databases for Clinical Laboratory Science. Clin Lab Sci. 2008 Winter;21(1):49-57.
- O'Malley DL. A Medline Station in the Clerkship Clinical Skills Exam. Poster session presented at: Medical Library Association Annual Meeting; 2008 May 16-21; Chicago, IL.
- O'Malley D; Kussey T. Benefits of Integrating the Library Reserve Function With Blackboard. Poster session presented at: AAMC Northeastern Group on Educational Affairs Annual Retreat; 2008 Apr 12; Burlington, VT.
- Levin LL; Bresnahan M, Maggio L, O'Rourke KA, O'Malley D. Teaching Evidence-Based Literature Retrieval to Medical Students and Residents. Poster session presented at: AAMC Northeastern Group on Educational Affairs Annual Retreat; 2008 Apr 12; Burlington, VT.
- Medical Library Association (MLA)
- North Atlantic Health Sciences Libraries