Welcome! It is our goal to provide support to our patrons while ensuring the health and safety of everyone who uses and works in the library. All information listed on this page, including links, has been updated to adhere to UVM reopening protocols as of the date shown above. Please check back frequently for updates as this information will be revised as needed. If you still have questions, please contact the Main Desk at (802) 656-2200.
For all COVID-19 information and instruction issued by UVM for the Fall 2020 semester, please refer to the Return to Campus website.
Who we serve and how to enter the library
During the fall 2020 semester and during library hours, the Dana Medical Library is open to all UVM students, faculty, and staff with an active CATcard, as well as employees of the University of Vermont Medical Center. All visitors must enter the library through the front doors. Entrance to the building is through the vestibule opposite the library's main entrance, directly adjacent to Converse Hall (see campus map). The rear After Hours Study entrance is closed.
UVM students, faculty, and staff with active CATcards: The building and library are accessible by tapping your CATcard both in the vestibule and then again when entering the library.
Employees of the UVM Medical Center: UVMMC employees will need to knock on the vestibule door opposite the library entrance and show their UVMMC IDs for admission. All UVMMC employees will be required to supply contact information as required by state guidelines.
We are not currently open to the public.
Health and Safety Requirements
When visiting the library:
- Complete daily health check-ins.
- Be free of symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- Wear a face covering, in accordance with campus and state guidelines.
- Maintain six-foot social distancing guidelines.
- Do not move furniture – the library has arranged seating to accommodate physical distancing protocols.
- Wipe down surfaces and library computers after use – the Main Desk will have cleaning supplies available.
- Refrain from eating in the library (drinking from personal beverage containers is permitted).
- Follow all signage directives in the library.
- Monday thru Thursday, 7:30 am – 11 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am – 8 pm
- Saturday, 9 am – 8 pm
- Sunday, 9 am – 11 pm
Changes in the library
- Library capacity is limited to 75 visitors at a time. People will be asked to return at another time if the library is at capacity.
- Seating is only available in open study spaces to accommodate social distancing protocols.
- The small group study rooms, the classroom, and the conference room are closed.
- After Hours Study will not be available.
- Library staff will clean tables and equipment between uses according to UVM guidelines.
- We will quarantine materials after use following recommended guidelines.
- Print Course Reserves have been paused for the Fall 2020 semester.
- If you are coming from out of state, please note that you may need to quarantine before visiting the library. Please consult the state's COVID-19 travel information page for more information.
Electronic Resources and Services
For a complete list, visit Dana Services.
- Ask a Dana library or staff member for assistance online for services and support.
- Make an appointment with a Librarian. Librarians will meet with you via videoconferencing.
- Contact your subject specialist at the library.
- Search PubMed or see our full list of research databases for research articles.
- Find a full text journal article.
- Learn how to Connect from Off Campus.
- Call (802) 656-2200 or email email@example.com with questions.