Please note that we have updated our hours below for Summer 2021! All information listed on this page, including links, has been updated to adhere to UVM protocols as of the date shown above. Please check back frequently for updates as this information will be revised as needed. If you have questions, please contact the Main Desk at (802) 656-2200.
For all COVID-19 information and instruction issued by UVM, please refer to the Return to Campus website.
Who we serve and how to enter the library
Dana Medical Library is open to all UVM students, faculty, and staff with active CATcards, as well as UVM Medical Center employees (see protocol for UVMMC employees entering the library below). All visitors must enter the library through the front doors. Entrance to the building is through the vestibule opposite the library's main entrance, directly adjacent to Converse Hall (see campus map). The rear After Hours Study entrance is closed.
UVM students, faculty, and staff with active CATcards: The building and library are accessible by tapping your CATcard both in the vestibule and then again when entering the library.
Employees of the UVM Medical Center: UVMMC employees will need to call the Main Desk at 656-2200 or knock on the vestibule door opposite the library entrance and show their UVMMC badge for admission. All UVMMC employees will be required to supply contact tracing information as required by state guidelines.
The Library is not currently open to the public.
Health and Safety Requirements
- In accordance with Vermont’s face covering mandate, unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals are required to wear face coverings. Fully vaccinated people are not required to wear face coverings.
- Please follow all signage directives.
- Food and unmasking are now allowed.
Library Hours (until June 19th)
- Monday thru Thursday, 7:30 am – 11 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am – 8 pm
- Saturday, 9 am – 8 pm
- Sunday, 9 am – 11 pm
Summer Hours (June 19th - August 7th)
- Monday thru Thursday, 7:30 am - 10 pm
- Friday, 7:30 am - 7 pm
- Saturday, 9 am - 7 pm
- Sunday, 9 am - 10 pm
Changes in the library
- Dana's curbside pick-up service: Learn more about how to request an item here.
- Remote Learning Areas are now available at Dana! These are areas of the library where students can participate in online classes. Talking and class participation (headphones or earbuds required) are allowed within reason. For more information, contact the Main Desk at 656-2200 or visit the library to view a map of these designated areas.
- The small group study rooms, the classroom, and the conference room are closed.
- After Hours Study will remain closed for now.
- Library staff clean reserve computer peripherals between uses according to UVM guidelines.
- Print Course Reserves will continued to be paused through Summer 2021 and resume in the Fall.
- All out-of-state travel restrictions have been lifted. For more information, go to the Vermont state travel page.
Electronic Resources and Services
For a complete list, visit Dana Services.
- Ask a Dana library or staff member for assistance online for services and support.
- Make an appointment with a Librarian. Librarians will meet with you via videoconferencing.
- Contact your Dana Librarian.
- Search PubMed or see our full list of research databases for research articles.
- Find a full text journal article.
- Learn how to Connect from Off Campus.
- Call (802) 656-2200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.