Both walk-in and by-appointment sessions are available at the Dana Medical Library!
- Dana Medical Library Main Conference Room (room 105)
- Wednesdays, 2 - 4 pm
- Stop by with your statistics questions!
Make an appointment:
- Go to the Statistical Software Support and Consulting Services page to book an appointment.
- Maria has reserved time in the Dana Main Conference Room (room 105) on Thursdays, 8 am - 12 pm, for scheduled appointments.
Meet UVM Libraries' new Statistical Design and Data Specialist, Maria Sckolnick.
Maria is the Statistical Design and Data Specialist from UVM Statistical Software Support and Consulting Services. She offers help with:
- Experimental design
- Selection of appropriate statistical methodology
- Assistance with power and sample size calculations
- Interpretation of results of analyses
- Assistance in responding to reviewers' comments
- Installation/licensing of software packages
- Software and programming assistance
Monthly Statistics Workshops Available
The UVM Libraries offer “Random Chats About Statistics,” a new workshop series, led by Statistical Design and Data Specialist Maria Sckolnick. Stop by these monthly sessions with your questions for open dialogue and assistance.
Fridays, 12 – 1 pm
Howe Library 001B, Ground Floor – Library Meeting Room (formerly the Media Projections Room)
- October 1, 2021 – Which software should I use for my research project?
- November 5, 2021 – Data cleaning, formatting, and management
- December 3, 2021 – Data visualization: graphs and tables
- January 28, 2022 – How many samples do I need? Power and the central limit theorem
- March 4, 2022 – P-values demystified
- April 1, 2022 – Bias: what is it and where does it come from?
- April 29, 2022 – Statistics vocabulary session; bring your questions on statistics terminology