- Retrieval of Books/Photocopying of Materials
- Staff working at the Main Desk will help retrieve or copy materials.
- Specialized Equipment
- CCTV Magnifier for impaired vision.
- Assistance available from the Main Desk.
Accessibility Options on Public Computers
See Windows Accessibility information from Microsoft for tips and tools on making the public PCs more accessible. Note: these computers are running Windows 10.
Makes text larger or opens a magnified window which follows the user's cursor like a magnifying glass.
Narrator reads what is displayed on the screen: the contents of the active window, menu options, or text that has been typed.
*Note: Headphones are required when using sound. Please feel free to bring your own or borrow a pair from the Main Desk.
- On-Screen Keyboard for Windows
On-Screen Keyboard is an accessibility utility that displays a virtual keyboard on the computer screen to allow people with mobility impairments to type data by using a pointing device or joystick.
Additional Services on the UVM Campus:
- Please contact the UVM Student Accessibility Services Office for additional assistance and information concerning service for users with special needs across campus.