Dana Medical Library now carries a selection of popular board games and puzzles! They have a circulation period of one week and up to two games and puzzles can be checked out at a time. For the full lending policy, see below. Also, keep an eye out for library-sponsored game nights!
Board Game and Puzzle Lending Policy
- Please bring games to the Main Desk to check out, (even if using in the library).
- Games circulate for one week (7 days), with one renewal. Further renewals must be done in person with the item to be renewed in hand.
- A maximum of two (2) board games may be checked out at any one time.
- Games must be returned to the Main Desk, directly to a staff member or student library assistant, they should not be placed in the book drop.
- Library users are responsible for the safekeeping and return of all game contents. The game is not considered returned until all items within the box/case have been returned to the library. A staff member or student worker will check the contents before discharging the item from the patron record. If any parts are missing the item will not be discharged and the library user will be responsible for searching for any missing parts. The library user will be responsible for lost or damaged games and will be responsible for paying the actual replacement costs, as determined by the library, up to and including the full cost of game replacement. The library will not accept a replacement game in lieu of a lost or damaged board game.
- Please report any broken or missing pieces. The library will not be counting puzzle pieces, please let us know if a puzzle is missing pieces, no one wants to get that one next.
- Instructions are limited to what comes with the game. Library staff are not available for instruction.